Kindly be notified that, the Business Registration and Licensing Agency (BRELA) informs all companies and business names that have not yet been registered on the Online Registration System (ORS), have a 90-Day deadline that commenced on 27th September 2019 to register.
BRELA highlighted the following requirements and procedures to be adhered to:
- The applicant must have a National Identification Number (NIN) that will help to create ORS–BRELA account.
- If the application is made by the corporate body(company), then Tax Identification Number (TIN) for each Director is mandatory.
- Applicants must review and ensure that, the company information’s are legally and technically correct.
- Applicants must fill the “Consolidated Form” in the ORS system and upload any information that will be required such as Annual returns, or any changes that have occurred in the Company and were not previously updated in the system.
- The final step is to upload the signed documents which were mentioned above i.e. the Consolidated Form and Annual Returns forms. Upon uploading the document, BRELA will verify the legality of such documents and issue/prepare an Invoice for payment which will be done via a bank account or through mobile money. This will symbolize the completion of the process on the part of the applicant.
- Should an applicant receive instructions for corrections, they are advised to strictly comply. This includes attaching the relevant documents. This is especially for companies that have undergone numerous changes over the years. Applicants are advised not to repeat the same errors nor create new errors after they have received specific instructions to rectify their applications.
BRELA reminds applicants to submit information that is consistent with the ones available at the registry. Further, it is advisable to use qualified experts who have enough understanding on the rules and various requirements of the registry. Users of the ORS accounts are cautioned to keep their log-in credentials private.
In case of any queries, kindly contact us through:
Landline: +255 22 292 6233
P.O. Box 23037, Dar es Salaam